Energy industry, sector-specific regulations, competition protection
The area of energy and regulatory practice are the pillars of GJW. Our energy law team has been supporting the leaders of the electricity and gas sectors in Poland. It constitutes not only experienced legal professionals, but also people who participated in the legislation of Energy Law. The sum of our experiences allowed us to provide legal support for the largest projects in the industry.
GJW regulatory practice includes issues related to competition and consumer protection and unfair competition law. We have extensive experience in supporting projects co-financed from EU funds and state aid measures.
We share our knowledge and experience in the area of regulatory issues on our Office portal: RegulacjewEnergetyce.pl.
Range of our services include:
- Consulting services in the field of energy law for energy companies and consumers
- Comprehensive consulting services for foreign investors and domestic entities related to the
implementation of energy investments (including renewable energy)
- Tariff consultancy
- Support in the license obtaining
procedure – drafting applications for obtaining licenses for: production, transmission, distribution, marketing and storage of fuels and energy;
- Advice on mergers, acquisitions and privatization processes in the power sector
- Representing clients in disputes related to issuing Grid Connection Conditions ;
- Representing clients before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office and the President of the
Office of Competition and Consumer Protection ;
- Representing clients in court disputes related to application of energy law
- Representing clients before Competition and Consumer Protection Court, common courts and administrative courts;
- Drafting agreements and general term of agreements for individuals and business consumers;
- Drafting agreements on sales of energy, liquid and gaseous fuels, service agreements on transmission and
distribution of electricity and gas, agreements on service for gas fuel storage, etc.,;
- Supporting negotiation of connection agreements;
- Corporate services for power industry entrepreneurs;
- Assistance in drawing up compliance programs.
- Legal assistance and representation in antitrust and unfair competition matters.
- Support for projects co-financed with public aid and EU Funds and in disputes related to these projects –
including financial corrections issues.